Handy Elephant Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Handy Elephant Limited of 14 St Leonards Road, Norwich NR1 4BT.Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide while ordering, downloading or using our app, either as an application for use on a mobile or other device or in web-based form (“our app”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our app, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our app.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of telephone calls, text messages, emails and other forms of personal communication that you carry out through our app or in relation to which you make use of our app.
- Details of your visits to our app including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access through our app.
We may collect information about computers or mobile devices used to access our app, including where available IP addresses or other information that identifies a device (including a “Device ID”), operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners, which includes Google Analytics. This is used as statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, does not identify any individual and is used to conduct analysis of usage of our service.COOKIES
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of our app and the internet generally by using a cookie file which is stored on your web browser or your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
There are broadly two types of cookies – “first party” cookies and “third party” cookies. First party cookies are cookies that are placed on your hard drive or device when you use our web application and which are designed by us. Third party cookies are cookies that are placed on your hard drive or device when you use our web application but which are not proprietary to us.
Our web application uses both types of cookies, and by accepting these terms you consent to our use of those cookies and any similar cookies which perform the same or a substantially similar function to those identified below. The purpose of both cookies is to track your usage of our app and to provide us with anonymised data about how our app is being used. At present, the functionality enabled by the third party cookie that we use is Google Analytics, although we reserve the right to substitute the cookies used for alternative cookies that provide the same or similar functionality without further notice.Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where security features such as passwords are required to enable you to access some of the functionality of our app, you are responsible for keeping these confidential. You should not share a password or other security information with anyone. You are responsible for the security of any computer or mobile device on which you make use of our app.
The transmission of information via mobile devices and over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To integrate your personal data into and to communicate and interact with (including transfer of your data to) third party customer relationship management systems and software,but only where you have explicitly requested that we do so and provided us with account details to access such third party resources.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Handy Elephant Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Handy Elephant Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share your information, in anonymised form, with selected partner organisations for the purposes of conducting research into usage of our app and to assist with product development.Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our app may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.Access to information
You can unsubscribe from any of our services at any time. Please visit handyelephant.com/unsubscribe for further instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Marketing e-mails sent from Handy Elephant will also contain a link at the top or bottom of the email which allow you to unsubscribe.
In case you have any issues unsubscribing from our services, please send us an email to email@example.com .Contact